Many companies who seek to become more data-driven have it on their target list: Building a "Single Source of Truth". That's a term coined in the world of business intelligence, which has the idea to bring all data analysis and insights together in one place, or one system.
Is such a Single Source of Truth the Holy Grail for business analytics or data democratization? Or is it just overrated? Maybe we should ask, is it even realistic to achieve - and how?
It's the exact opposite of the situation lots of companies still phase: having data silos all over the place, that limit their ability to connect and integrate data for holistic decisions.
In the second episode of "DISRUPT YOUR DATA - The Data Leadership Podcast", my guest is a strong supporter of the idea, paired with self-service analytics for everybody in the company.
I will talk with Nate Spohn, VP EMEA at Fivetran - a solution that puts all your data integration efforts at autopilot. Fivetran is a YCombinator alumni, backed by Andreessen Horowitz and other leading investors, and valued >$1.2B. Fivetran helps companies to build modern data stacks and solutions, so I'm sure Nate can share valuable insights from their client base.
Watch the video here:
Additional show notes
- Fivetran website: www.fivetran.com
- Connect with Nate Spohn on LinkedIn: Profile
- Connect with Chris Lubasch on LinkedIn: Profile
- Dept Agency Data Hub success stories: ERGO Group Marketing Data Hub, Deichmann Digital Intelligence Hub (more available upon request)
- Tools mentioned: Looker (BI tool), Tableau (BI tool), dbt (data modelling support), Snowflake (DWH), Google BigQuery (DWH), Amazon Redshift (DWH), DataBricks ("data platform")
- Modern Data Stack Conference by Fivetran: https://mdscon.fivetran.com/
You can WATCH the video on YouTube, or LISTEN to the audio versions on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, etc. You will find all links and more information here: https://podcast.chrislubasch.com
Sounds interesting? Make sure to subscribe to my email newsletter on this website, so you won't miss out on upcoming episodes.